The Leatt story began in 2001 when Dr. Christopher Leatt witnessed the death of a fellow motorcycle rider the weekend after his son, Matthew, began riding.
Dr Leatt began research and development of a device almost immediately, driven by a passion to protect not only his son, but all riders from the effects of catastrophic neck injuries. His first patents were filed in 2003.
The revolutionary Leatt-Brace® was developed in Cape Town, South Africa and tested by BMW engineers at their facility in Munich, Germany, with first production units sold in late 2006.
OUR PRODUCT AWARDS
Our revolutionary neck brace has won the following awards:
- Motocross Action: 5/5 star product rating (2007).
- TW MX: Product of year (2009).
- RacerX: Product of the decade (2009).
- Motocross Action: Reader voted decade’s most significant product (2009).
- Dirt Bike Magazine: Product of the year (2010).
- Freeride Magazine: Eurobike innovations award (2010).
- ISPO Brandnew AwardS: Best protection at bike expo (2010).
- TW MX: GPX Pro – Product of the year (2011).
- RacerX: Neck protection readers choice award (2012).
- World of Mountainbike magazine in Germany awards Leatt their “Best of 2016” Award (2016)